> -----John Posada wrote:-----
> > > What do others find satistying about
> > > Technical Writing as a career?
>
> I make $100,000.00 sitting on my butt.

LOL!!! I can't say that I make anywhere near as much as John, but I have
to admit that I'm fairly happy with my salary. One of my nephews
recently became a policeman, and I make considerably more than he and
his cohorts do with a lot less inherent danger.

I would list "sitting on my butt" as one of the few drawbacks of being a
tech writer (or any other white collar profession). There are some days
where I would love to go back to waiting tables or stocking shelves just
so I could move around more while doing my job. I seem to remember the
aforementioned butt being a lot smaller when I did that!  :-)

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be
legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review,
use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.

Are you a Help Authoring Trainer or Consultant? Let clients find you at
www.HAT.Matrix.com, the searchable HAT database based on Char James-Tanny's HAT
Comparison Matrix. Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for details.

Interested in Interactive 3D Documentation? Get the scoop at
http://www.doc-u-motion.com -- your 3D documentation community.