Note, however, that this formal copyright registration is generally not
geared towards user documentation (rather music, lyrics, novels, and so on).
If you explicitly state copyright ownership in the documents being published
(be they online or print), then the documents are protected. If the
copyright is ever challenged, you may need to prove "first publication
date", but that's rare (the challenge).

...sue