On 6/6/07, Dana Worley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I know several creative/tech writers as well.

8 )

> I thought this comment was interesting:
>
> "I think technical writing is probably in some ways, in many
> important ways, a better education for a creative writer than creative
> writing," he said.

That's the quote that stood out for me, as well.

> Personally, I think technical writing is "easy" but I wouldn't even
> consider tackling any type of creative writing. Maybe I'm not as good
> at observing life as I am observing a piece of software :)
>
> Dana

I think it goes to interest.  If you had something you were motivated
to write, I have no doubt that you'd do just fine.  You already
possess many of the fundamental mechanics that take the longest to
learn.  The rest, like anything else, comes down to practice,
practice, practice.

--
John Cook
Technical Writer / Help Author

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.