I just created a PDF from a Word document (Acrobat 6.0 and Word 2003). The
Word internal cross-references start out okay (the first two chapters are
fine), then they pop up all over the place, sometimes even two pages away
from where they should be. I've tried the same set up on another system and
ended up with the same results. I don't want to recreate all the
cross-references (book is 271 pages), but I'm all out of ideas (not that I
had a lot to begin with).

If I had my druthers, I'd use something else than Word (FrameMaker,
InDesign, etc.), but it's what I'm stuck with.

Other parameters are (Windows XP Professional, a gig of RAM (both systems),
20+ gigs of HD space left.

The cross-references work correctly in the Word source file. I've reloaded
both Acrobat and Office 2003, but still have the same problem.

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design and Award Winning
Videos
Voice/Msg: 802-658-3140
Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
office and beautiful note cards for all occasions.)

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.