Have you tried Guru.com and Craigslist? These seem good places to
solicit short-run contracts.

If you could rope others into it, TechComm Pros is a great name for a
company renting out computer help worldwide. You can't do any worse
than the GeekSquad, and having *articulate* workers is a good deal
better than the norm.

I wish you all the luck in the world!

--- "Lisa Gielczyk (TCP)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Thought I'd give another update on my employment situation. I spent a
> significant amount of time working on a business plan after meeting
> with a SCORE counselor in the hopes of finding an investor. The more
> heard about investors (including a quote from a friend who is a
> financial planner, "They'll own you."), the less I wanted to go that
> route. I've made a decision to only do what I can on a small basis,
> contacting companies one at a time.
>
> A woman from church called to ask me a computer question, and after
> I'd helped her, she insisted on paying me. So, I thought that might
> be
> a good way to make money, and put an ad in the paper for low-cost
> computer help--got nothing until last Saturday (a few weeks after the
> ad ran), then helped a woman who says she'll be calling back again.
> But it's probably not going to be enough, soon enough. My severance
> was good, but a lot of it went to taxes.
>
> So, I'm looking for a job. I had an interview with a recruiter last
> week, and have put my resume on Monster.com. I've applied for several
> jobs on the local job board. I've written to several translation
> companies, trying to get pre-press formatting work. I've even bid on
> some work on guru.com, but so far... nothing.
>
> I'm open for contracting if anyone knows of anything, and own Word
> and
> FrameMaker. Something will come up, I know. It's just a matter of
> time.
>
> Hope you're all doing well. Have a great week!
>
> Warm regards,
> Lisa G.

> Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
> New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
> technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.
>

> Interactive 3D Documentation
> Parts catalogs, animated instructions, and more.
> www.i3deverywhere.com
> Subscribe (email): send a blank message to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Unsubscribe (email): send a blank message to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Need help? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Get the TCP whole experience! http://www.techcommpros.com

http://technical-writing.dionysius.com/
technical writing | consulting | development

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222