once again the answer is "it depends".  Every agency I've ever worked with (as
a W-2 contractor) wants a "complete" resume... which for me comes out to about
6 1/2 pages. Don't ask me why, but that's what they want, no matter how
irrelevant, but by the time I get to 15 years, it's just the name of the
company, the title I held and the timeframe.

If I'm applying for FTE positions, I focus on the skills/experience relevant to
the position and usually get it down to about 3 pages.  I've never had anyone
turn me down because I couldn't get 25 years experience down to 2 pages. Always
seemed a bit arbitrary to me, and I never refused to look at a resume solely on
the basis of length when I was a hiring manager.

YMMV

Connie P. Giordano
The Right Words
Communications & Information Design
(704) 957-8450 (cell)

www.therightwords.com
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."   - Walt Disney