I can't remember who "owned" RoboHelp 2000 (I think it was eHelp?), but
they'd provided a patch to support whatever the current version of Word was
released while RH 2000 was the latest version. The system requirements
(assuming you received a box) should specify the version of Word that would
work. There would not be a "driver or interpreter" available, since RH
integrates so tightly with Word (using DLLs).

And FWIW, there's no "hassle" having two versions of Word installed. If you
end up launching the wrong version by double-clicking a file, simply create
a Send To shortcut for each version of Word. Then just right-click the file,
choose Send To, and then the version you want to use.

...sue