Hi everyone -

I imagine you will gain a fair share of new members coming to you as
dissatisfied STC members who decided not to renew their STC membership for
2008. Although I'm not thrilled with the current STC mood, I am nonetheless
grateful for it because otherwise I would not have known about your group
from the conversations on the STC lists. I did renew and remain an STC
member (Lone Writer and Independent Contractor), but hope you will welcome
me anyway.

I work out of my home office near Austin, Texas and am well into my tenth
year of technical writing (mostly part-time) and third year doing it full
time as owner of my own business. I enjoy my work and my clients, especially
my online help and e-learning contracts. I get scared sometimes when a
contract is ending and I don't have another one (preferably two) lined up,
but somehow I end up with enough work to meet my financial needs and even
some of my wants. I do aspire to bigger and better technical writing
contracts and enjoy learning new things. And a cruise to someplace exotic
for about a month would be cool J.

I look forward to reading your posts, contributing some of my own, and being
a part of your group.

Happy New Year!

Shannon du Plessis

Shannon du Plessis

President and Technical Writer/Documentation Consultant

TechWrite OnTime

www.techwriteontime.com <http://www.techwriteontime.com/>

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

512-217-7427

www.linkedin.com/in/techwriteontime

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.