STC has a top-down, and top-heavy structure that has caused it to become
prohibitively expensive for me to justify paying for another year. So, I've
done a little searching and found a few resources.

I have included the e-mail link to the techcompros.com list serve. This is one
resource.

I'm still attending the local chapter meetings as a non-member. It only costs a
few dollars more to attend as a non-member.

Are you familiar with MeetUp.com? Visit their website and see if there is a
local group meeting to discuss technical writing or your field of expertise.
The meetings are usually free, or very low cost.

Teresa Trujillo
Book Workshop/Mighty Designs
1501 E. Orangethorpe Avenue
Suite 130