On Jun 2, 2005, at 1:35 PM, mcr wrote:

Seems reasonable, but it certainly seems like a Windows.dll silly to me.

Yes, but, as per my mail, there are arguably other reasons why pcap_dump_ftell() should exist, namely that applications should have the idea that a "pcap_dumper_t" is just a "FILE *" wired into them.

    Loris> Is it ok if I make these changes and check them in the CVS?

Or, maybe "windump" shouldn't be built with a .dll version of libpcap.

That could be done, but that seems like a bit of a hack - why should tcpdump/WinDump have a limitation that other programs using libpcap/ WinPcap don't?
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.