Hi
I am studying network analyzers as part of a thesis project for my Master''s
degree.  I need help answering the following questions (these are for WinDump
but I think the answers should be the same for TcpDump):
1) How many protocols are supported by the software?
2) Is it possible to decode the protocols over nonstandard ports?
3) Does the software offer the ability to capture and replay network traffic?
4) Are traffic statistics/reporting capabilities built into the software?
5) Does the software have any expert-analysis capabilities (ability to detect
problems with the network)?
6) Does the software have the ability to trigger any alerts when predefined
conditions occur?
>From looking at the documentation, I did see that the software is capable of
>providing information on packet counts.
Thank You in advance for any help you are able to provide!
Tracy-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.