On Dec 1, 2016, at 10:34 AM, Scott Deandrea <sdeand...@apple.com> wrote:

> We’ve been working to provide developers with a software packet capture
> solution for USB transfers at Apple.  To that end, I have implemented a
> solution which uses BPF and is libpcap compatible but is currently using the
> link type DLT_USER15.

(Hopefully that hasn't shipped with any version of macOS, and is only being
used internally to Apple, so that Apple hasn't repeated the mistake they made
with DLT_USER2 and PKTAP.)

> Therefore, I’m requesting a DLT_ value for this.  Please let me know what the
> proper procedure is for this

We need a description of the link-layer header for the packets, and an
indication of what the packet payload is - either a document at Apple we can
link to, or something we can put into a document hosted on tcpdump.org.