De : Alberto Ornaghi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : vendredi 9 janvier 2004 14:27
À : Jacky Buyck; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : Re: RE : [tcpdump-workers] capturing and injection on same
interface

Jacky Buyck wrote:
> Hmmmm ... The better can be simply to use a second interface. What is
> the utility to modify and reinject a packet on the same link than the
> good one : the receiver will always received the good packet first
> ignoring your modified one. No ???

in a mitm attack the victim will not receive the packet until you
forwardi it...

> Except if you've a real need for this.

think about a bridge in userland. since it has to be bidirectional, what

you inject on one iface will be recaptured back as it was received from
that interface...

bye

--

  There are only 10 types of people in this world...
  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]