Okay, I finally got tcpdump and libpcap (Phil Wood's Linux MMAP-enabled)
installed and running, but now I've hit a new problem.  At peak data times,
I am unable to break out of tcpdump with a "control-c" - only a "kill -9"
will end the process.  When running via the Shadow service, stopping the
service is also unable to end the process (have waited several hours).  This
is a problem, as Shadow needs to be able to stop and start itself at will,
and I also need packet loss information, which is not obtained when killing
the process.

Everything works great when the data flow is scaled back, but at full load
(35 - 40Mbps), the process cannot be ended nicely.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks.

Jason
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]