On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 12:51 PM, John-Mark Gurney <j...@funkthat.com> wrote:

> TLS-use-TCP still doesn't have a profile.. ekr gave a profile "like"
> something today, he isn't committing to it, or even suggesting that
> be the profile...

Well, I certainly was suggesting that as a starting point for the modes and
algorithms
that should minimally be supported. As Christian says, I think that we
should certainly
allow implementations to support other modes because one purpose of
TCP-use-TLS
is to act as a bridge to non-opportunistic TLS.

I'm not sure what you mean by "isn't committing". The question of exactly
what
parameters go in the profile is, as Ted has observed repeatedly, ultimately
a WG decision,
not my personal decision, so I'm not sure how I could commit to anything
here.
I think a lot of these decisions are obvious (e.g., AEAD only) and some are
not (should we specify both AES and ChaCha? Should we also specify
AES-256-GCM),
and I would expect others to have opinions. Hence "something like".

-Ekr