Hi Warren,

Many thanks for the Yes position and for the positive comments on the shepherd
writeup ... two comments as shepherd are inline ...

Thanks, --David

[David>] "new/untested" is the major reason.  The Transport Area has a practice
of applying Experimental status to TCP changes until there is sufficient "soak
time" (e.g., operational experience) to demonstrate that they don't break
anything.

> I was also confused by the "option kind" - I'd assumed that it was simply a
> term of art for TCP option, but seeing as Spencer is also mystified I'm
> guessing not -- for my own education, can you please explain?

[David>] The "term of art" explanation is correct, e.g., see:
https://www.iana.org/assignments/tcp-parameters/tcp-parameters.xhtml#tcp-parameters-1
 .