KEEP THE HEAT ON HER!!!!!!!!

From: "Kramer, Mary" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:  Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:12:42 -0600

Thank you for your recent letter regarding education and the one cent sales
tax in Iowa.  Education is a very important issue and our highest priority.
Currently in the Iowa Legislature, complexities of spending and issues of
funding equity cause us to step very carefully.

Although I understand your position on the state sales tax, I do not support
this issue at this time.  We need to continue working in order to find an
option that will provide financial support for our school systems and equity
of programs and funding to the students.

As a mother, grandmother, and fellow Iowan, I feel that education and the
development of our youth is paramount.  I am grateful for the diligence of
Iowa's teachers and the growth they make possible in each individual
student.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your views and thoughts with
me.  Education continues to be our highest priority.

Sincerely,

Mary E. Kramer
President of the Senate

--