We were just wondering what the increases were for each school in health insurance and
what you pay.  If you could ask your administrator we would really appreciate it.  I
know this doesn't seem like a tech problem but if it cuts into our already small
budget it becomes our problem.  We were just wondering how much most of the schools in
our aea went to. We figure if we stay with our present plan it will cost our families
an extra $2400 per year and it would cost the district an extra $72,000 next year.  As
you can see both the district and families can't afford that increase!

I think our administrator is also going to ask Bill Gardner if he would explore again
self-insuring schools in our AEA.  He explored it a few years ago and not a lot of
schools were interested but in these tight budget times more maybe interested.

Ask your Supt about insurance cost and talking to Bill G about self-insuring.

Here is our rate:

We are Principal PPO

NOW:  Single (school pays for) 231.78
      Family (out of pocket) 495.99