Nice Side NOTE, Jon!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "JON W HUESER" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 10:05 AM
Subject: [tech-cord] 1% Sales Tax

> I know you are tired of hearing about this but here is the story!
>
> We need to have as many administrators and tech people at the state on
thursday around noon.  You can meet with other administrators in front of
the model of the Battleship Iowa.

> Here is the reason:
>
> We are probably going to get no technology money this year.  That is a
huge hit.

> The 1% sales tax can be used for most technology purchases because they
are considered infrastructure!!!!!!!

> We as a group should be one of the biggest backers of this proposal and it
would be nice to have a good showing down at Des Moines.

> Even the districts that presently have it should be pushing because the
present proposal is for 20 years not the current 10.

> Since the state is cutting our funding this is one way we can leave it up
to each district on how much they want to spend on technology.  This could
be better than the tech funds since it would be local control.

> Please try and get to Des Moines, travel with your administrator and show
your support for the 1%!!!!!

> Side Note:
>
> I would go but since my wife could have our second child at anytime I
don't think she would appreciate me going.  I am not saying I am not the
boss in my house but you guys should know the rule: I am in charge when the
wife is away, the kids are at the sitter, the dogs are outside and she says
I can be in charge!!!! :)