Hi,

We are using VCasel 2000 on our W2K Pro workstations at our HS and things are working
very well. I would be glad to demo the system if you want to come and visit. The VC
website is: http://www.vcasel.com/vc2000.htm

Under FEATURES you can watch video demo's of the program options. Scott F. has been
trained on this product and Beacon is an authorized reseller (Chet has also been thru
training and done several installs). The VC company is out of Illnois and great to
work with.
--
Tim Buenz
Director of Technology

On Thursday, September 5, 2002 12:20 PM, Scott Fosseen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I have been looking for any information on this.  The trouble is that XP is
>designed for a business model, where it is one person per workstation.  All
>the information I have came across fits in that model, not the school model
>where users move from system to system.  A similar problem to how Microsoft
>handles home directories.  That was a simpler solution to solve though to
>match the needs of the schools.
>
>So far the simplest to use solution that I have used is Visual Casel (VC).
>VC pushes the settings to the workstation when a user logs in, and will set
>things like "Power Users".  I have not seen a solution that makes XP manage
>like 9x.  As soon as I can find a good solution I will set up a class and
>let everyone know.  So far the basic solution is what Bruce has described
>already.
>\
>/   Scott Fosseen - Systems Engineer - Arrowhead AEA 5
>\   www.aea5.k12.ia.us/aeaphone.nsf/Web/FosseenScott

---