>From BVU...

ALL sales are EXEMPT FROM SALES TAX.

Laptops For Sale to All Interested Parties
Beginning Monday, Sept. 9, laptop sales will open to all interested
persons and organizations including multiple unit sales. We will not
reserve units or hold them for anyone pending payment. Payment should be
made directly to the BVU Business Office (712-749-2041). Payment can be
cash, check or major credit card. The Business Office will give you a
receipt that needs to be brought to the 2FIX Help Desk, where you can
pick up your computer. The price includes the computer, battery and AC
pack. Windows 98 and the Avaya wireless card driver will be the only
software installed. All purchases will be exempt from sales tax. In most
cases, the warranty on these computers continues to August 1, 2003. The
batteries are provided as is with no warranty.

The base computer is a Gateway Solo 2550 with Celeron 550 MHz CPU,
13.3" display, 96MB RAM, 6GB HDD, CD-ROM, 1.44 diskette drive and
Windows 98. Original user guides and system restore CDs will not be
included. The price for faculty, staff, students, and ALUMNI - on or
after Monday, September 9, 2002 is $340. The price for all other
purchasers will be $365.

While they last, the following upgrades are available and priced as
follows...
  Extra 32MB RAM is $10
  Extra 64MB RAM is $15
  Extra 128MB RAM is $25
  Wireless card is $15
  Docking station is $25
  BVU backpack carrying case is FREE

These prices are for pickup only.

While we still have several hundred of these computers on hand, most
require some factory service from Gateway. We do not know how many
systems will be ready to go out the door on any given day. If you are
going to drive to campus, we urge you to phone 2FIX first to make sure
we will have a computer ready for you.

For more information, call 2FIX (712-749-2349).

---

http://www.mail-archive.com/tech-cord@aea5.k12.ia.us/