Sac Community Schools
400 S 16th Street
Sac City, IA 50583

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 10/21/02 01:23PM >>>
Hello,

There has been some interest/concern expressed in corners of the
state, AEAs may not have enough material in DVD format in their
lending libraries.  I would like to know where each district is with
the DVD format.  Could you please reply to me directly and I'll
summarize the results for everyone.  Thanks

Our school district has no DVD players for classroom use.

Our school district has some DVD classroom players.  They are Currently located in the
following classes:

We have one machine each building, they were purchased last summer, They are on a cart
with a large screen TV and can be wheeled to where ever needed.

The DVDs are shown in:
A. individual or small groups from individual computer screens
B.  large groups on large TV monitors
C. data projectors

Our school district has plans to get one/some for the following purposes: Perhaps buy
more DVD players as DVD replaces video much like video replaced film stock

And we are planning on showing them via: computer, TV, or data projector Television

Our school district would be willing to purchase DVD players and some
kind of large screen display system if the AEA had sufficient titles
and copies. YES

Our district is satisfied with VHS video and wishes the AEA would
continue in that format for the time being. YES and NO, VHS is very easy and
convienent for the time being, but eventually will dissaper like Film Stock.

Other comments--

Thanks

Rick
--
Rick Maehl, Technology and Production Supervisor
Arrowhead Area Education Agency #5

http://www.mail-archive.com/tech-cord@;aea5.k12.ia.us/

---

http://www.mail-archive.com/tech-cord@;aea5.k12.ia.us/