On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Christophe Kalt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i'm used to doing backups internally, but i've recently been asked twice for
> backup recommendations for small business setups with relatively small data
> sets to backup.  There are quite a few options out there, does any one have
> any recommendation for this?  Things i've played with previously were more
> geared towards individuals than businesses.

The commercial two offerings I know about (but have not used) are:
- http://www.symantec.com/business/online-backup # they also seem to
have a plugin for BackupExec
- http://mozy.com/free?ref=451c76aa # this is an EMC hosted service

Zmanda seems to have s3 integration:
- http://www.zmanda.com/backup-Amazon-S3.html

Additionally, there are probably a few ways to get Bacula to write to
Amazon S3, though I don't see a definitive guide:
- s3pipe -> http://landonf.bikemonkey.org/code/s3
- posting about bacula's vchanger for s3 ->
- script to dupe bacula file volumes to s3 ->
http://tracyreed.org/blog/archive/2007/06/28/s3-backuppy

Please let us know what else you find!

-n