On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 03:34:42PM +0200, LEVAI Daniel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here's a diff to make ksh vi mode handle werase more like vi. It's
> > really irritating to have whole paths go away on ^W instead of just the
> > last bit.
>
> I think this broke the vi edit so that now you can not go back a whole word
> with the B (that is capital B) character in command mode:
>
> Example:
> (ksh, vi edit mode)
>
> Typing in a path, like "/some/thing/some/where":
> $ ls /some/thing/some/where
> If you press ESC, and at the start you press the lower case 'w', then it will
> jump to the '/' characters, but if you press the capital 'W', it will jump to
> the <space> characters, so it jumps whole words (just like in vi :). But the
> opposite version with the capital 'B' character is not working anymore; it
> acts like if you pressed the lower case 'b', so it won't jump back to <space>
> characters, only to '/' characters.
>
> Is this the intended functioning? (I hope not :( )

Hmm. It's not doing that for me. Both 'b' and 'B' seem to be working,
with 'b' using '/' and other punctuation, and 'B' only caring about ' '.
Can you see if you have to do anything special to break it?

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchand...@stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/