> Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 09:36:14 -0300
> Subject: Re: which ISO for a VM?
> On 3 April 2010 15:56, Gleydson Soares <gleyd...@trusted.com.br> wrote:
> > virtualize your brain. it is nice.
> >
> What a stupid comment, why don't you shut up ?
> If you have nothing to add to a valid question why bother wasting bandwith
?

I concur,  it was a Valid question on running OpenBSD in a VM.

Unless someone has answered directly, I'll short-run it here.

Running OpenBSD in a VM is doable, similar to running an MS-DOS or 32-bit
Real-Time (Like Phar-Lap)
executive in a Guest with all BIOS features available.
You cannot add VM-Features to OpenBSD (Like CentOS and other Linus'es)
But You cannot do that really with RT Execs either.

There May be a VM guest ISO image with OpenBSD 4.0 or 4.1 (*last I saw any*)
but build it yourself, it's worth the time spent.

If anything, I suggest purchasing a previously owned off-lease CPU to use to
build and test upon, rather than a VM.

VM's are all good, to provide either a mobile snapshot of a system to test or
play with, but you can't do anything really advanced with it.

-sean

Hotmail & Messenger. Get them on your phone now.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9724463