On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Bret S. Lambert <blamb...@openbsd.org>wrote:

>  ... <snip> ...

> Hopefully this is useful for somebody.

It is, thank you.

With regard to the other questions I peppered everyone with... :-)

1) Are there areas that are easier for "relative newbies" to start in versus
other areas?  I know this depends on a lot of things, to include experience.
 Hypothetically, someone that has some C experience, but not a lot of kernel
(and subsystem) experience.  Is it better to start from the bottom up like
bootstrap to init? or is it better to start with memory management? network
drivers?  What is usually the best area from a learning and future utility
perspective?

2)  Is there something like an "openbsd janitors" project where newbies can
start contributing small patches? similar to the Linux janitors project?

Thanks again.