This is nice, there are some minor issues with the diff.

* The xl_fill_rx_ring function body uses spaces instead of tabs.
* Around -1125,11 +1138,11, you insert a few tabs unnecessarily.
* ..and around -1195,12 +1182,14, within the while loop, spaces.
* For the header patch, more spaces.

I am seeing some neat 'netstat -m' values when using this patch on an
older P3 system, memory utilization goes down to 7/8%, reaching only 20%
when transferring a file over SSH. :-)

Without the patch it goes immediately to 25% after 'ifconfig xl0 address'.

Actually seems to perform better even, although perhaps that's my mind
playing tricks on me.

Thanks,
-Bryan.