Softraid cryptoraid disks are hotplug'ed whenever someone issues
bioctl, whether it is in /etc/rc, /etc/rc.local.local, or elsewhere.

It is not presently possible to have them created prior to init,
but then again, usb disks (read: cameras) can be done prior to init.

I can insert a usb disk and create a softraid crypto volume after
hotplugd starts, and let the attach script worry about duid and fsck
and mount, but I can't do this if it happens to show up before
hotplugd starts.

Whether it's cameras or softraid or external usb disks, all are
hotplugged regardless of when they arrive on the scene or their
backing store.

*shrug*

Penned by Ted Unangst on 20101213 14:04.13, we have:

--
Todd Fries .. t...@fries.net

|                                             \  1.636.410.0632 (voice)
| Free Daemon Consulting, LLC                 \  1.405.227.9094 (voice)
| http://FreeDaemonConsulting.com             \  1.866.792.3418 (FAX)
| 2525 NW Expy #525, Oklahoma City, OK 73112  \  sip:freedae...@ekiga.net
| "..in support of free software solutions."  \  sip:4052279...@ekiga.net

              37E7 D3EB 74D0 8D66 A68D  B866 0326 204E 3F42 004A
                        http://todd.fries.net/pgp.txt