Click below to see the HTML version of this email
http://websmart.griffinconnect.com/q/Jlo3uaVw-Byg-olkOX5RaHg_rTgDEgLV6ugVALMw
a-H2Kt-QU4Cerjh4C

Shawbs To Close Five Stores In Mass. and Conn.  By Feb.
17

Shawbs Supermarkets confirmed on Jan. 5 plans to close a total of five
stores in Massachusetts and Rhode Island by Feb. 17.

        The three Massachusetts
stores to be closed include New Bedford, Stoneham, and Revere and the two
Rhode Island stores are in Warwick and Johnston.

Shawbs issued the
following comment about the closings. bShawbs strives to ensure the
success of all its stores.  However, given the competitive markets we operate
in, and todaybs difficult economic environment, it is occasionally necessary
to close those stores that are not profitable.  While the decision to close a
store is always difficultbgiven the impact on associates and customersb
these were made only after careful evaluation and were guided by what is best
for Shawbs long-term growth and success as a whole.  Now, more than ever, it
is critical that we not lose focus on improving the business, attracting new
customers and staying strong in this economy.b

Shawbs declined to not
disclosing the number of associates impacted by the store closings but said
when possible, the company will move affected associates to other open
positions and will provide support and assistance to them.

To send
this message to a friend, please click here:
http://websmart.griffinconnect.com/q/lMh2e3O4HcoNHDLVuZCY36NHmgNFsNzO_eNO7za4
3H6Ib8HJ6D99mQLD9

To be removed from this list, please click here:
http://websmart.griffinconnect.com/q/AHCqzFEYo8wAoif7bZdsFUAY9MAkOAfE_zAE5fTY
FolWinoBtcOj92lcO