Benny Lofgren <bl-li...@lofgren.biz> wrote:

> - Since expr previously ignored switches altogether, strings starting
> with '-' will no longer be recognized as strings, but probably generate
> a "usage:" error message instead. This can be circumvented by the --
> notation, and that particular form was actually supported before as
> well. But still this might be a problem since there is a slim chance it
> can break current shell scripts.

We are in ABI/API lock for the release, so folks please remember
that this is not the time for base utilities to change their behavior.
There are probably a zillion configure and build scripts in ports
that use expr(1) and some might start behaving differently.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de