Hi,

In fsck_ffs's pass1.c it just takes forever for large sized partitions
and also if you have very high number of files stored on that
partition (used inodes count goes high).

fsck main limitation is in pass1.c.

In pass1.c I found out that it in fact proceeded to check all inodes,
but there's a misleading comment there, which says, "Find all
allocated blocks". So the original intent was to check only used
inodes in that code block but somebody deleted that part of code when
compared to FreeBSD. Is there any special reason not to build a used
inode list, then only go through it as FreeBSD does? I know they added
some stuff in the last year but that part of code has existed for a
long time and we don't have it. Why not?

I was reading cvs ver 1.46 of pass1.c in FreeBSD.

Thanks