On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Pascal Stumpf <pascal.stu...@cubes.de> wrote:
> pcc currently only chokes on some inline functions that need external
> linkage. gcc isn't pesky about that, but pcc and clang are (rightfully,
> imo).

It's completely legal and defined (by the standard and not just gcc!)
for a function to be inline in the file where it's defined and have
external linkage.  That just means "inline if you can in this file,
but still provide a copy callable from other files".  That's exactly
the semantic we want for pf_addr_compare().  If pcc or clang are
complaining about it they're broken or their warning settings are
misset.

Philip Guenther