On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Anton Maksimenkov <anton...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That is why kmthread exists?

No, but it's a nice side effect that we can use it to resolve the static kentry
problem.

The reason for kmthread is that we want to reduce the use of kmem_map
since it has problems with locking and recursion (that's where the static
entry problem comes from).

> So here is a Quick&Dirty diff that shows the concept. Please, don't
> kick me much.

It will not work. You'd have to use kmem_map where you use
kernel_map and that's exactly what we don't want to do.

Also, almost every other uvm_km function will go away and be replaced by
km_alloc/km_free, so using those functions inside km_alloc is not the right
way to do things.

//art