On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 5:47 AM, Olivier Cherrier <o...@symacx.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:05:08PM -0700, matt...@dempsky.org wrote:
>> Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 23:05:08 -0700
>> From: Matthew Dempsky <matt...@dempsky.org>
>> To: tech@openbsd.org
>> Subject: Testers needed for softraid diff
>>
>> The diff below simplifies softraid(4) and makes it more like other
>> SCSI HBA drivers.  Instead of attaching a scsibus(4) for each logical
>> disk, it attaches just one scsibus(4) and attaches each logical disk
>> to a unique target on the bus.  This also avoids the games softraid(4)
>> currently plays to workaround not knowing the unit number that
>> autoconf will assign when it attaches a device.
>>
>> There shouldn't be any other functional/behavior changes.  But as with
>> anything, please be sure to have backups in case of unexpected
>> problems.
>

> It works well for me.

Thanks for the test report!

Be aware, however, that the version of the diff you were responding to
has a known kernel panic bug that can be triggered by a failed "bioctl
-c" invocation.  I suggest updating to the version I posted here if
you haven't already:
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=130738787224773&w=2