On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 08:58:31PM +0000, Edd Barrett wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 09:24:17PM +0100, Sebastian Benoit wrote:
> > i was using a x61s until a month ago. I had these errors too, but only with
> > certain wifi networks (specifically 2 events with 30+ access points and
> > 1000+
> > wifi users) using cisco ap's. I never saw these errors somewhere else.
>
> Hmm. I am seeing the error connecting to a soekris I set up myself. I am
> the only client on this. It has a ral card in hostap mode.
>
> It may be related to power saving? Pure speculation ofcourse -- I know
> nothing about how these devices work internally.

I also have issues with iwn on my SL510, although only when stressing
the network (and not reliably). Sample:

iwn0 at pci4 dev 0 function 0 "Intel WiFi Link 1000" rev 0x00: msi, MIMO 1T2R,
BGS, address 00:1e:64:6b:9a:7c
iwn0: fatal firmware error
firmware error log:
  error type      = "NMI_INTERRUPT_WDG" (0x00000004)
  program counter = 0x000006D0
  source line     = 0x0000012E
  error data      = 0x0000000203630000
  branch link     = 0x00000596000006D4
  interrupt link  = 0x000008920000839C
  time            = 2431600062
driver status:
  tx ring  0: qid=0  cur=0   queued=1
  tx ring  1: qid=1  cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring  2: qid=2  cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring  3: qid=3  cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring  4: qid=4  cur=78  queued=0
  tx ring  5: qid=5  cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring  6: qid=6  cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring  7: qid=7  cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring  8: qid=8  cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring  9: qid=9  cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring 10: qid=10 cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring 11: qid=11 cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring 12: qid=12 cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring 13: qid=13 cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring 14: qid=14 cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring 15: qid=15 cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring 16: qid=16 cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring 17: qid=17 cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring 18: qid=18 cur=0   queued=0
  tx ring 19: qid=19 cur=0   queued=0
  rx ring: cur=35
  802.11 state 4

This occurs with a multitude of APs, so I'm not sure if it's the same
issue. I have the latest firmware, iwn-firmware-5.6p0.

                Joachim