On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 10:38:50AM -0600, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> You want this in now... and it has been tested on how many machines
> to see if any new regressions show up?
>
> Come on guys.  Don't have me OK this.  Instead, have me OK it based on
> saying something like "This must go in".  You take the risk.  I don't
> want to.

looking closer at my mail history, the patch is not as important as I
believed it was. (I thought it was part of the fix for all ALPS
touchpads that was discussend and committed while I was busy with work
and not looking too closely at patches, but this part has been
committed separatly).

Anyways, It fixes issues seen on synaptics clickpads (as found on the
X220 for example) for at least gilles@ and me. Other people with
clickpads have often de-activated them in the BIOS because of these
issues. Having that working in 5.2 would have been nice.

I've tested that patch on all my machines with pms (X40, X220,
toshiba, msi, samsung laptops, plus one desktop with a regular ps/2
mouse), but I it doesn't count. So it can wait after release, since
your comments seem to indicate that is this your preference.

Alexandr, just don't forget about it...

--
Matthieu Herrb