On 10 October 2012 17:54, Mark Kettenis <mark.kette...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Your RT2860-based AP still works reliably with power saving support
> enabled?  If so I'll probably commit that part of the diff as well.

Yes it's working well. Since enabling power saving on my RT2860 AP I
haven't noticed any problems with stations that were previously
working properly and power saving seems to be working.

I do still have a problem with one android phone. Sometimes after a
long period of inactivity (e.g. overnight) it will associate, get an
IP address, and then seems unable to receive traffic. It sends ARP
requests but appears to ignore the response. I overcome that by
disabling and re-enabling wifi on the phone. This may be a problem
with the phone rather than the AP since a second android phone is
unaffected. I haven't made a concerted effort to investigate yet, so
far it's been too tempting to toggle wifi and get on with my day. I'm
not certain it is a power save problem, and for now enabling power
save on the AP makes wifi usable on the phone where previously it was
pretty hopeless.

Thanks,

Nathanael