William Ahern wrote:
The puc(4) man page lists the SIIG Cyber 4S PCI as supported. I just
inserted a SIIG Cyber 4S PCIe. I figured it would look the same as the PCI
card, considering that the new chip is named OXPCIe954, similar to the old
OXPCI954.

But obviously that was hopelessly naive. Instead I get:

        vendor "Oxford", unknown product 0xc208 (class communications
        subclass serial, rev 0x00) at pci13 dev 0 function 0 not configured

It looks like the vendor id is PCI_VENDOR_OXFORD2, and not PCI_VENDOR_SIIG.
Any pointers on what data structure and defines I should try adding? It
looks like the actual PUC driver is simple enough, I just need the card to
be recognized.

I'm running stock OpenBSD 5.1/amd64 on a Soekris net6501.

When I put a variant in, I looked at the following files:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/dev/pci/pucdata.c?annotate=1.51

Search for henning and the section starting on line 551 is the patch in this file you want.

This was the other (which didn't go in right away since I mangled the patch in email):

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/dev/pci/pcidevs?annotate=1.1434

Look for miod or 1.1434 to find that one line change.

Now, mine mostly worked, except communication was garbled. Mine was one of the cards with a faster crystal. Assuming your just isn't recognized, some work with something like lspci would get the exact identifiers for you.

It's been 4-5 years since then, and I had to look up these files, but I suspect this is the areas you are looking for.

--Kurt Mosiejczuk