Robbert Kouprie [robb...@exx.nl] wrote:

> The advice is appreciated, but why is it "better"?
>
> What I need is stability. I now have 5.2-STABLE with the "PCI bus number
> resource tracking" and "secondary PCI root segment detection" patches
> retrieved from CVS. These patches were applied to CVS not long after
> tagging 5.2-STABLE. The resulting kernel boots perfectly and now detects
> all my hardware. In this case I really don't expect any complications.

Sounds like you'll be fine. As always, the cvs mailing list has the details,
www/plus.html has the summary. On the networking front, there are various
ethernet driver, bgpd, ospfd, pf and IPsec improvements in current. Also has
bug fixes for pthread apps and better disk performance if you do lots of big
writes. If you are just running this thing as a basic firewall, no big deal.