On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 6:33 AM, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>wrote:

> Amit Kulkarni <amitkulz <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > I was reading the manpages of athn/iwn for purchasing a suitable
> wireless card
> and found repeated
> > occurences of 2GHz, when in fact it should be 2.4GHz. That is the
> standard
> frequency when purchasing a
> > wireless a/b/g/n card. The code is filled with 2GHz references but just
> changed to man pages in section 4.
>
> I don't think there is anything 'wrong' in saying "operates in the 2GHz
> spectrum". Saying 2.4GHz in documentation seems like it might be a
> good idea as it's more common usage, but it seems wrong to say "2.4GHz
> spectrum", it seems like "2.4GHz band" would make more sense if doing
> this. (But then mixing 'band' and 'spectrum' would also be weird so the
> references to 5GHz would need changing to 'bands' (not 'band' there as
> there are 3 non-continuous ranges). Is it worth it? I don't know.
>

> you guys beat me with a stick if i push more than once, so i will refrain
from commenting on it.

a section of athn.4 manpage is fluff, information is repeated twice. once
in words, other times in a table summarizing the list of working/supported
chips. the same manpage was copied over for iwn, a table of supported chips
would be nice in there too. if there's any interest i will sit down and
submit a manpage diff.