Hi,
I am interested in implementing layered RAID10 for softraid(4) as a
part of my course project in the university.

I have a vast expirience in using software raids in openbsd and other
operating systems and was surpised that softraid(4) does not support
layered RAID10. I know that it is possible to implement raid10
manually (using softraid0 over softraid1), effectively using a lot of
drives for speed access without using CPU intensively (compared to
raidp and raid6). But if you also want to encrypt it via softraid, it
will look like a nightmare to support softraid over softraid over
softraid. Raid10 is not an uncommon solution and is often implemented
as an independent discipline.

Is there any interest in the raid10 independent discipline in openbsd cummunity?