> Using puffs will induce a rewrite of all the kernel code, because the
> internals are completely different (and I think a little bit more
> complex, but this is a personal opinion...).

I might share that opinon :)

> For a libfuse support in basesystem we will need to do a librefuse
> like library. In this case we could perhaps keep the librefuse
> frontend and only rewrite the backend.

Which solution do you think is best ? In any case and if you need me,
> I will be provide all the help I can :)

Essentially we just need the best solution to have a base acceptable fuse
library. I don't know
what the right answer to that is, but  perhaps starting with librefuse and
makeing it less refusey (and more towards
compatible with a working ISC licensed fuse implementation in the kernel
would be the way to go.