Han Boetes <h...@boetes.org> writes:

> Hi,

Hi (again),

> I noticed emacs failed to build after switching to 5.3. I
> discussed the matter with the emacs devs and they added some debug
> code which is triggered by CFLAGS='-g3 -DUNEXELF_DEBUG' So when
> it's building the main binary at "Dumping under the name emacs" I
> get this output:

Does that mean that *only* building with -DUNEXELF_DEBUG fails?  If so,
the problem is perhaps not that important...

> old_bss_index 25
> old_bss_addr 0x63fca0
> old_bss_size 0x73fd8
> old_bss_offset 0x53fca0
> new_bss_addr 0x4d313aa9000
> new_data2_addr 0x63fca0
> new_data2_size 0x13469360
> new_data2_offset 0x53fca0
> new_data2_incr 0x13469360
> old_file_h->e_shoff 0x9a4258
> Old section count 38
> new_file_h->e_shoff 0x13e0d5b8
> New section count 39
> Segmentation fault
> gmake[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 1
>

> After which I got this comment back by email from the developer:
>> > new_bss_addr 0x4d313aa9000
>>
>> That looks like the problem: OpenBSD's sbrk(0) is returning a
>> huge value.  src/unexelf.c isn't set up for that.
>>
>> Fixing this will require someone who knows ELF and OpenBSD
>> fairly well, which alas is not me.
>
> He is refering to this file:
>
> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/trunk/annotate/head:/src/unexelf.c
>
> What needs to be done to fix this problem?

I don't have a 64 bits host to repeat it.  Please make it clear that the
very last version of this file doesn't solve the issue.

(Commit message: unexelf.c: Don't assume ElfW (Half) fits in int.)

--
Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas
PGP Key fingerprint: 61DB D9A0 00A4 67CF 2A90  8961 6191 8FBF 06A1 1494