> > Yes, real world so often uses names and terms improperly. whats new.
>
> In real world hacking is cracking :(

That may change, I saw a program on TV recently where Dara O'brien said
hacking is being done on gadgets recently 'not in the traditional
computer science meaning' but in making a gadget do something that it
wasn't intended to do.

Made me laugh and I'm sure you know but I believe the traditional
computer science terms have always been just that.

cracking as beating or finding a weakness in an auth system such as
defeating the encryption or password but using it as intended

hacking as circumventing or beating the auth system not by brute force
etc. but finding a flaw and making it do something it shouldn't like
short circuiting the algorithm.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)