On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Stuart Henderson <st...@openbsd.org> wrote:
> On 2013/11/11 12:15, Alexey Suslikov wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>
>> wrote:
>> > "master" on em0/em1/bnx0 is nothing to do with trunk, it is about the
>> > gigabit ethernet clocking source.
>>
>> ok, but it is obvious: documentation is unclear (silent) about that.
>
> Why would something listed as a media characteristic of the physical
> interface have anything to do with trunk?

well, I just expected to see master media option documented somewhere,
to make it clear what is "trunk master" and what is "clocking master".

>> > lacp hashing policy is the same as for loadbalance, see the manpage and
>> > confirm in trunk_hashmbuf().
>>
>> I see different inbound packet distribution on trunk on-top of em(4)s
>> and on trunk on top of bnx(4)s -
>> that's the real problem.
>
> The trunk driver can't influence inbound packet distribution, that is
> down to the device sending packets e.g. your switch..

yes, I know. but bnx(4) interfaces have master set differently, in contrast
to em(4) interfaces. I'm really guessing, but maybe that clocking source
has some effect for a switch.