On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 07:54:44AM -0400, Kenneth Westerback wrote:
> On 26 April 2014 07:45, Patrik Lundin <patrik.lundin....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 07:21:28AM -0400, Kenneth Westerback wrote:
> >>
> >> Assuming you mean dhclient.conf and not dhcpd.conf, the hostname of
> >> the system is not currently set by dhclient even if it is supplied.
> >> The install process does cause dhclient to send the configured
> >> hostname to the dhcpd server for it's own record keeping purposes.
> >>

> > I was thinking about the 'option host-name "foo";' at the end of
> > autoinstall(8). From what I can tell this is picked up by
> > get_responsefile() in /usr/src/distrib/miniroot/install.sub like so:
> >
> > 2118         # Prime hostname with host-name option
> > 2119         hostname "$(sed -E '/^ *option host-name "(.*)";$/!d;s//\1/;q'
> > $_lf)"
> >
> > I have installed a box with a recent snapshot and the resulting machine
> > will be named after what is set in dhcpd.conf.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Patrik Lundin
>
> AH, sorry. I thought you were saying we could rely on dhclient setting
> the hostname after install. Too little caffeine makes for deficient
> answers. :-)
>
> .... Ken

Hmm. Currently I'd say that's redundant information in the manpage, but ...
I've a diff for install.sub pending, that will allow autoinstall without
dhcp and/or network and in this case the "System hostname" in the responsefile
makes sense. Anyway, I see no immediate reason to change the manpage but will
not object if someone wants to do that.