On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 08:20:16AM +0200, Alexander Hall wrote:
> >RCS file: /cvs/src/sys/sys/param.h,v
>
> Where else could howmany come from? Can you be sure it's safe to use here?

There are other places where howmany is defined, I can prepare a diff
that will cover all definitions.  For now, I was more interested if the
general idea of having an overflow-save howmany macro is a good thing
or will hit us in one way or the other.

If it shouldn't be done, I would have to check the howmany uses again and
maybe come up with another solution.  Or my attempt is not worth it and
we come up with a better implementation.  In either case, I think a
smaller diff is easier to adjust or to extend.

Tobias