On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 01:13, Hanno Böck wrote:

> I didn't know what egd was up until today, but reading what it is I
> completely understand that consideration. However, this breaks a number
> of packages (wget, python, ruby).

Those packages would all be better off without egd support. In the
case of python and ruby I think it's pretty clearly a case of somebody
just going through the header and binding to every function there is,
without considering utility.

Any system that actually uses egd is so hopelessly broken you
are better off just turning around and walking away. No software in
2014 should be using egd; no software in 2014 should support using egd
by accident.