Hi Henning,

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 01:39:19PM +0200, Henning Brauer wrote:
> naddy's mpbios RAMDISK_CD mail reminded me that I have put trunk into
> RAMDISK_CD here for some time. Without, upgrading of machines with
> trunk is unecessarily hard, since, well, you won't get your trunk
> interface which typically has the IP(s) on it and you need to resort
> to manual network config w/ one of the underlaying interfaces.
> I can't for the sake of it remember whether I actually used the
> resulting bsd.rd on trunk'd machines (that's what you get for not
> mailing out the diff rigth away, sigh). Anybody has a chance to give
> this a spin on such a system? Would be really nice to have this in
> before release to make upgrades easier for trunk users.

Great, this would make upgrading feel quite a bit cleaner, so
I would very much welcome this, thanks!

I tested your patch on my slow amd64 laptop, but it failed---for one thing
because ifconfig has its trunk support wrapped inside #ifndef SMALL's...

Specifically, after the installer fsck's the root partition, the error

ifconfig: trunkproto: bad value
ifconfig: trunkport: bad value

appears.

I'm currently building a new bsd.rd with some changes to ifconfig.c and
will submit the patch if it works out.

Just some quick feedback to save others the time testing this...

Best,

Theo