On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 11:38, Nicholas Wilson wrote:

> Maybe this is a silly question - but where is the code for the portable
> version checked in? I think I understand the development model from working
> with OpenSSH dev, but surely the portable compat files must be kept in
> version control somewhere though, as well as in the tarball releases. I'd
> like to contribute to LibreSSL but do I have to install and develop on
> OpenBSD just to run the latest trunk code?

I think you've got the answer, but the OpenBSD cvs tree is the
official source for feature development. That said, since the
portable layer is so small and abstracted, patches against portable
releases will almost certainly apply against the cvs tree.

I think the important thing is first making a patch against any
libressl tree. Reviewing/applying/rediffing the patch can always be
done after that. Contribute first, ask how to contribute later. :)

> One thing I'd be interested in merging from OpenSSL 1.0.2-beta is support
> for RSA PSS signatures with SHA-256 (which the 1.0.1 API surprisingly
> doesn't expose). Is there a bug tracker for LibreSSL yet, or is this list
> the place to ask if that's currently being worked on?

For feature development, this list. The github tracker is probably
best used only for portable issues.